fosm is open data, licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence (CC-BY-SA).
You are free to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt our maps and data, as long as you credit fosm and its contributors and OpenStreetMap and its contributors. If you alter or build upon our maps or data, you may distribute the result only under the same licence. The full legal code explains your rights and responsibilities.
How to credit fosm
If you are using fosm map images, we request that your credit reads at least “© fosm contributors and OpenStreetMap contributors, CC-BY-SA”. If you are using map data only, we request “Map data © fosm contributors and OpenStreetMap contributors, CC-BY-SA”.
Where possible, fosm should be hyperlinked to http://fosm.org/, OpenStreetMap should be hyperlinked to http://www.openstreetmap.org/ and CC-BY-SA to http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/. If you are using a medium where links are not possible (e.g. a printed work), we suggest you direct your readers to fosm.org (perhaps by expanding ‘fosm’ to this full address) and to www.creativecommons.org.
fosm contributors are reminded never to add data from any copyrighted sources (e.g. Google Maps or printed maps) without explicit permission from the copyright holders.
Our CC-BY-SA licence requires you to “give the Original Author credit reasonable to the medium or means You are utilising”. Individual fosm and OpenStreetMap mappers do not request a credit over and above that to “fosm contributors” and “OpenStreetMap contributors”, but where data from a national mapping agency or other major source has been included in fosm, it may be necessary to credit them by directly reproducing their credit or by linking to it on this page.
- Australia: Contains suburb data based on Australian Bureau of Statistics data.
- Austria: Contains data from Stadt Wien under CC-BY.
- Canada: Contains data from GeoBase®, GeoGratis (© Department of Natural Resources Canada), CanVec (© Department of Natural Resources Canada), and StatCan (Geography Division, Statistics Canada).
- France: Contains data sourced from Direction Générale des Impôts.
- New Zealand: Contains data sourced from Land Information New Zealand. Crown Copyright reserved.
- Poland: Contains data from UMP-pcPL maps. Copyright UMP-pcPL contributors.
- United Kingdom: Contains Ordnance Survey data © Crown copyright and database right 2010. Contains Royal Mail data © Royal Mail copyright and database right 2010. Contains National Statistics data © Crown copyright and database right 2010.
Please also see the attribution page of our wiki for details of further data sources used by fosm contributors.
Inclusion of data in fosm does not imply that the original data provider endorses fosm, provides any warranty, or accepts any liability.